Donnerstag, April 08, 2010

Designing a web page for Debian


Some days ago I wanted to create a page that displays your override bugs against the virtual package ftp.debian.org in a way that allows simple copy pasting the dak command from it. The functionality should be similar to the existing removals page. The result of my work can be seen at http://ftp-master.debian.org/~twerner/override.html. I could not find a HTML/CSS template that looks like an official Debian page - what a pity. That is why I have stripped down the existing removal page and tried to make it more appealing. Finding two colors that suit the background color of our title was another challenge. I hope you like it.

Please don't tell me that my page is using Javascript. It is 2010.

Kommentare:

Marius Gedminas hat gesagt…

What's the point of highlight-on-hover when the items thus higlighted don't do anything when you click on them?

Torsten Werner hat gesagt…

It is easier to spot where the mouse cursor is located. I am usually triple clicking in the box to select the full dak command.

bzed hat gesagt…

That bright green makes my eyes bleed.... otherwise - good work!